Employment type: Full-time
Salary: £18k, rising after six months with the addition of a company car
Planned Office Interiors is looking to take on a new Project Manager to oversee the national operating fit-out teams.
Working with several large clients we carry out refurbishments, relocations, and planned maintenance work. These consist of dentists, car showrooms, commercial offices, schools, and a wide variety of other premises. We fit anything from security fences with automatic gates to state-of-the-art dentistry chairs.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to integrate into the project team, working on their leadership and management skills with a focus on efficiency to get projects completed. Naturally, a strong eye for detail and skills in dealing with people, both staff and client-facing is essential.
The role will involve a mixture of estimating works and tenders to dealing directly with site-related works, this could be anything from attending and carrying out surveys to drawing up bespoke timber products to issue to our carpentry teams. Planned Office Interiors works commercially with various building surveyors, architects and technical clients. Initially, the role will involve working alongside project managers and assisting before working up to taking on small projects independently.
Working with the project team closely the role will include:
- Site surveys for measurements, images and mechanical information.
- Assisting project managers to order materials and organise staff attendance for install.
- Introduction with client base to begin creating rapport.
- AutoCAD drafts of bespoke items and floorplans to issue to suppliers and site teams.
- Basic estimating of small-scale projects and tenders for the quotation stage.
- Mid project site checks alongside project managers or independently for quality control.
- Take small projects through the entire lifecycle from estimation to invoicing.
- Prepare site documents for onsite teams, including measured floorplans and project programs.
- Take client briefs for project work and implement them into processes.
- Ensuring all works are completed to client deadlines.
- Development of industry growing processes e.g. Revit and BIM.
- Identification of efficiency improvement and time-saving methods to accelerate projects.
Role Requirements & Experience:
We are looking for someone to take on a management role within the company, therefore relevant qualifications or experience in leadership and team management are ideal.
This could include:
- Any experience in the construction industry.
- Management and strong organisational skills.
- Competent skills in Word, Excel are essential.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or other draft programs is an advantage, training is to be provided.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- The role hours are 8:00-17:00 Monday – Friday with some requirements for early starts and overnight stays depending on the site location.
- Enjoyment of a fast-paced environment, construction is a very volatile industry at the moment and can have different surprises each week!
Planned Office Interiors was established in March 1977 as a small operation, since then growth has led to a multimillion turnover. We operate out of Stone, Staffordshire and continue to expand into different avenues of the industry to keep up with the ever-changing requirements of the construction industry. The working environment is fast-paced with several challenges both expected and not, overcome by a great team working together to keep projects running smoothly and effectively.
- End of financial year incentives.
- Training in applications and across industry-recognised accreditation (SMSTS, HNC).
- Company pension.
- Day out events when the company racehorses are running.